- From the Field: Boosting ocean literacyel 8 de junio de 2023
In celebration of the 10th anniversary of the annual World Oceans Day Photo Competition, a new exhibit is making a splash now through 14 July at UN Headquarters to promote a better understanding of Earth’s invaluable bodies of water.
- World off track for reaching key goal on sustainable energy by 2030el 6 de junio de 2023
The world is not on track to meet Sustainable Development Goal 7, designed to ensure access to affordable, reliable energy for all, a new report from the UN and partners revealed on Monday.
- Human rights for all, still ‘work in progress’ warns Türkel 6 de junio de 2023
The full realization of human rights for all is a “work in progress”, and the world must now adapt and update its thinking to respond to current “dramatic rollbacks”, the UN human rights chief said on Tuesday, marking the 30th anniversary of both his office and the global agreement that created it.
- Buckling up to save lives: UN celebrates five decades of seat belt lawsel 6 de junio de 2023
Laws making seat belt use mandatory in cars have saved millions of lives, UN agencies announced on Tuesday, marking half a century of vehicular safety legislation around the world.
- Cities ‘critical battlegrounds’ for a sustainable future: Guterresel 5 de junio de 2023
When it comes to fighting for a sustainable future, the world’s cities are “critical battlegrounds” and more important than ever to making multilateralism work for all, said the UN chief in a video message on Monday to the United Nations Habitat Assembly.