- Climate change threatening access to water and sanitationel 20 de mayo de 2022
Climate change is set to increase pressure significantly on people’s access to water and sanitation unless governments do more to prepare key infrastructure now, the UN warned on Friday.
- ‘Lifeline’ of renewable energy can steer world out of climate crisis: UN chiefel 18 de mayo de 2022
Greenhouse gas concentrations, sea level rises, ocean heat levels and acidification, all set new records during 2021, while some glaciers reached the point of no return, according to the latest flagship report from the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), published on Wednesday.
- Rescuing global goals, world’s ‘highest common priority’ – UN chiefel 17 de mayo de 2022
For a world in crisis, rescuing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) “must be our highest common priority,” the UN chief told Member States on Tuesday at a key development meeting in New York.
- ‘We cannot rest’ until child labour is eliminated, ILO chief tells UN conferenceel 16 de mayo de 2022
Countries taking part in the 5th Global Conference on the Elimination of Child Labour this week in South Africa, are being urged to do more to end child labour by 2025.
- Assistive technology: a ‘life changer’ for those most in needel 16 de mayo de 2022
Almost one billion people with disabilities and older persons are being denied access to assistive technology, according to a UN report published on Monday, calling on governments and industry to fund and prioritize access.