- Peacebuilding must be rooted in ‘bedrock of inclusive, sustainable development’el 26 de enero de 2023
While describing maintaining peace as core to the UN – it's very reason for being - Deputy Secretary-General Amina Mohammed warned the Security Council on Thursday that it was a mission now “under grave threat.”
- Latin America, Caribbean ‘must step up’ to tackle rising hunger: FAOel 25 de enero de 2023
Countries in Latin America and the Caribbean “can and must step up” to tackle rising levels of hunger, poverty and inequality, the UN Food and Agriculture Organization, FAO, said on Wednesday.
- Global growth forecast to slow to 1.9% in 2023, warn UN economistsel 25 de enero de 2023
Senior UN economists warned on Wednesday that intersecting crises are likely to add further damage to the global economy, with growth set to slow from three per cent in 2022 to 1.9 per cent this year.
- Economic slowdown may force workers into ‘lower quality’ jobsel 16 de enero de 2023
Finding a decent and well-paid job is likely to be harder this year, thanks to the continuing global economic downturn, the UN labour agency said on Monday.
- Water’s a ‘dealmaker’ for multilateral cooperation and the SDGsel 13 de enero de 2023
Water can be a “dealmaker” for stability and cooperation as well as for the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, speakers from the co-hosts of the upcoming UN 2023 Water Conference said on Friday.