- COP28: Methane pledge by the ‘giants behind the climate crisis’ falls short, says Guterresel 3 de diciembre de 2023
UN Secretary-General António Guterres on Sunday sent a strong message to the oil and gas industry: the pledges made at COP28 in Dubai fall well short of what’s needed to meaningfully tackle the climate crisis.
- COP28: The climate crisis is also a health crisisel 3 de diciembre de 2023
Health has made it to the agenda of a UN climate conference, and health advocates at COP28 in Dubai on Sunday said the topic was long overdue for discussion because climate inaction is costing lives and impacting health every single day.
- COP28: Extraction of minerals needed for green energy must be ‘sustainable and just’, says Guterresel 2 de diciembre de 2023
UN Secretary-General António Guterres on Saturday announced his plan to set up a panel aimed to ensure the move from fossil fuels towards renewable energy is just, sustainable and benefits all countries.
- Tackling health impacts of climate change and scaling up digital climate action in the spotlight at COP28el 2 de diciembre de 2023
Delegates at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday called for stronger and more resilient global health systems, which are indispensable to protecting populations from the negative impacts of climate change on health.
- COP28: As ‘humanity’s fate hangs in the balance’, UN chief calls for urgent action to prevent planetary crashel 1 de diciembre de 2023
Earth’s vital signs are failing and to prevent planetary crash and burn, “we need…cooperation and political will”, UN Secretary General António Guterres said on Friday, challenging world leaders gathered in Dubai for COP28 to show real global climate leadership.